POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3 Plastic Balls : Re: 3 Plastic Balls Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3 Plastic Balls
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 18 Dec 2003 10:46:20
Message: <3fe1cbcc@news.povray.org>
> Would you mind posting the code you used for the plastic
> material?

Sure I could post the material but it's nothing special. The settings are
all default, except brilliance was increased, ambient turned off, and
variable reflection was used.

But I've been thinking about setting up a tutorial for POV-Ray users about
various aspects of lighting, since this is the key to great images. There
are a number of variables that interact with each other. The approch that I
use still isn't very common. Many "modern" POV-Ray users seem to have
problems with realistic lighting and maybe a tutorial would help. It's my
favourite subject these days, anyway.

Also modelling plays a role in this, of course. It's typical for plastic to
have rounded edges everywhere, like they melted in an oven.

Regards,
Hugo